Sunday, February 20, 2011

Laundry and an Idea!

It's a cold, gloomy Sunday and I'm sitting at home folding laundry. Over the last two weeks we have unfortunately let our laundry get OUT OF CONTROL. I have the attitude of "I work 40+ hours a week, therefore I have no time for house chores", but that only lasts so long. We eventually need clean clothes, and more importantly, our baby needs a clean bib!
I tend to daydream a bit when I do housework, so this day is no exception. I have 2 loads left and I am done for the day! Kyle (my oh-so-perfect husband) will be impressed, and frankly relieved to have undershirts and socks for this week. Anyway, as I'm folding the last of the towels something occurs to me. I glance over at a half-baked diaper cake (a gift for my sister's baby shower in April) and realize that I need to also make her a list of all the things I've learned over the past 5 months of being a mother. There are a lot of tips and tricks that I've learned from other mommy friends, the Internet, and my own trial & error. I begin to go down a list in my head and it occurs to me that I might just start a blog about it. I currently have two blogs; one for our little girl, and one for my crocheting hobby. Why not start another one? I really enjoy getting my thoughts down and once I get a few readers, I feel like I let them down when I take a few days off. So this will be a good motivation to write down everything related to my experiences in mommy-hood! It may not be interesting to all, but it will be a great way for me to keep track of everything I learn along this new journey. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment