Monday, February 21, 2011

Everyone Gives Advice

Some useful, some not so useful. Some advice works for our family and some absolutely does not. When I was pregnant, everyone had tips for me. "You have to do this....you cannot live without that." I took it all in because what did I know? Well I knew more than I thought once our little bundle of joy came into this world. Many of you can relate to the feeling, the instinct of motherhood. I was born to be a mother plain and simple and I've finally been given the opportunity to just that.
So, back to the advice. Here are some very common suggesties given to soon-to-be and new moms, and my own interpretation of them. (Keep in mind, these are my opinions...and may not agree with yours! J)

1. "You cannot spoil a baby."
true!
2. "You should let a baby cry it out."
false! and contradictory to the above!
3. "Get as much rest as you can before you have a baby, because you're going to need it."
bad news...it doesn't make a difference. You'll never "bank" enough sleep for what you'll need as a new mom. Napping while your newborn sleeps is the best advice!
4. "What worked for me and my baby may not work for you and yours."
so true, and thank you for the understanding!
5. "You should never let your baby sleep with you."
well if we wanted to get any sleep at all, we had to let our little one sleep on our chest for the first month of her life.
6. "Document every moment, because they will go by so fast."
after thousands of pictures and now two blogs, I still didn't capture everything. good luck!
7. "You can't protect your baby from all germs."
no, but you can try! everyone had to use antibacterial foam before they could hold our little pumpkin....and I already told you about the pacifier wipes.
8. "Add a little cereal to a bottle to help the baby sleep through the night."
fail. ruined 1 Playtex nipple trying to make the hole bigger and couldn't figure out the right consistency....

No comments:

Post a Comment