Monday, August 22, 2011

Planning a Monumental Birthday

A huge responsibility is at hand to make sure that my daughter’s first birthday is a memorable one. Of course I realize that she is still just a baby and will not exactly appreciate the hoop-lah, decorations, gifts, or the people in attendance. My solution to that is to take 100+ pictures and document the day for her to see when she is much older.J
The biggest problem to solve so far has been the guest list. Who to invite, who not to invite, who would be hurt if they missed it, who would feel obligated to come, etc. At this point the count is over 40 people and that does not include kids (she doesn’t have many “friends” yet). Obviously that is too many people for a 1st birthday party, but where do I draw the line?
We just attended another little girl’s first birthday this weekend and it was wonderful! There were a lot of babies and they all played together and had a great time. Sadly, Miss Anya’s parents (that would be me and Kyle) do not have a lot of friends with kids…and the cousins are mostly older too. So that drastically cuts down on the number of kids at the party and I don’t want this to turn into an adult get-together and “oh by the way, there’s the birthday girl”.
What I do know is that the theme will be Fall and pumpkins galore. That was easy enough to decide and I’ve already convinced my husband that the decorations can be repurposed in our own house after the party is over, thereby allowing me to go as overboard as I’d like in my crafting! Yay for me!
So the saga will continue as I pare down the guest list to a realistic number and try to remember that the day is about celebrating Anya’s birth with the people who love her, and not so much about the surroundings and décor. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment