Saturday, March 12, 2011

Skipped Dinner? Never Again...

I was recently invited to a friend's house for a tupperware party (clothes actually, not tupperware, but you know the type of party) in the middle of the week. I hesitated to go because our weeknights are usually busy with taking care of the baby, getting dinner on the table (or couch), and preparing for the next day. Kyle encouraged me to go though because I haven't had a "girls night" in way over 6 months. So, although it was hard getting out the door, I went...
It ended up being a great night with good friends, good food, and some adorable clothes. I came home to Kyle almost asleep on the couch, basketball on the TV, and a quiet house. Everything appeared to have gone super smoothly while I was gone...
I asked Kyle how everything went with Anya. "Oh fine, she went to bed about 30 minutes after you left." (that would be 7:00 pm......she usually goes to bed around 10:00 pm with a short nap in the evening)
Then I ask him when she had her dinner......"She had part of a bottle, but I didn't have a chance to give her cereal since she fell asleep." Oh Kyle.....big mistake...HUGE!
We went to bed around 10:00 pm and Anya woke up at......11:30 pm, 1:00 am, was fully awake from 3:00 am - 5:00 am, and after a bottle, finally went to sleep at 5:30 am. Lucky for us, it was a Friday, so even though we were zombies all day, we could at least sleep in on Saturday to make up for it. (and we did....until 10:30 am!!!!)
Moral to the story....even if you have to WAKE THE BABY UP, feed them on schedule because otherwise you will surely regret it in the wee hours of the morning. It makes me tired just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment